1886 – The Alliance and Conrad Masonic Lodges merged to become Conrad Lodge No. 271.
June 2, 1886 – Alliance’s Marchand Opera House collapses due to structural defects in the bricks.
1887 – Alliance incorporated as a city.
1888 – Mount Union is annexed into Alliance.
September 17, 1888 – Alliance Review is first published.
December 10, 1888 – 1st electric street cars begin service in Alliance. .
1892 – City Savings Bank established.
1895 – Transue & Williams Steel Forging Corporation incorporates.
1895-1896 – The first Alliance sewage treatment plant was constructed on Keystone Street, making Alliance the third city in Ohio to construct a treatment plant.
1898 – Company K OVI leaves Main Street Depot for the Spanish American War.
1898 – Hillgreen-Lane and Company of Alliance was founded by Alfred Hillgreen and Charles Alva Lane.
1899 – Robert C. Hopkins, who would become the engineer in charge of building the Glamorgan mansion and the manager of the Alliance Brass and Bronze Company, came to Alliance from Pennsylvania to attend Mount Union College.
September 15, 1900 – First free library opens.
1901 – Alliance Hospital Association admits first patient.
1901 – The Alliance Council No. 558 of the Knights of Columbus was instituted, with the St. Joseph’s School being the first meeting place for the group of 29 charter members.
April 1901 – Fireman Torry Walker loses his life while fighting a fire.
April 19, 1901 – A paralyzing two-day snowstorm enveloped Stark County, with the official depth being recorded at 15.5 inches but the wetness of the snow being equivalent to 31 inches.
1901 – William H. Purcell founds Alliance Machine Company.
1902 – Alliance Public Library holds 2,800 books.
May 31, 1903 – The U.R. Transylvania Society, a Romanian organization originally located at 802 East Broadway, was founded.
1903 – McCaskey Register Company incorporates.
1903-1905 – William H. Morgan builds Glamorgan Castle.
1938 – The Flower Garden Club of Alliance was organized, with Mrs. William H. Morgan, Jr. as the first president.
January 31, 1939 – Spring-Holzwarth fire.
1939 – The Alliance Elks Lodge No. 467 purchased the former Morgan mansion (Glamorgan Castle) and 50 acres of land for $25,000.
June 29, 1939 – Alliance Historical Society chartered and holds first meeting in YWCA’s Haggart Hall.
1940 – United Co-Operatives, a farm cooperative specializing in paints and chemicals, began operating out of the former Buckeye Twist Drill Company buildings.
1940 – A former pottery building on the northeast corner of Lake Park and South Mahoning was purchased by the Alliance Manufacturing Company for its assembling operations.
April 2, 1942 – Morgan Engineering Company became the first company in Stark County to be awarded the Navy “E” flag, for excellence in the production of war equipment.
1944 – The Alliance Porcelain Products Company, organized in 1934 by Dr. Clarence J. Rodman, changed its name to Alliance Ware, Inc.
1946 – Taylorcraft fire.
1947 – Columbia Theater fire.
April 30, 1948 – Perry King is born.
1948 – Dr. Perry F. King, a surgical pioneer of Alliance City Hospital, died.
1948 – Armour & Co. began business in Alliance at the former Taylorcraft property, operating by-product divisions in coated abrasives and cushioning products.
1951 – The War Memorial at public square was financed with a memorial fund of $4,800.
March 20, 1952 – Babcock & Wilcox was the largest employer in Alliance, with 1,235 employees between its Keystone, Rush, and Research Center locations.
1952 – Alliance Historical Society erects a monument in memory of the early settlers of Williamsport.
1952 – Curvis Rhyne begins his first term as an Alliance city councilman.
1952 – The Alliance Rubber Company, founded in 1923 by William H. Spencer, had 80 employees, made 300 types of rubber bands, and was the largest company of its kind in the world.
1954 – McGee’s Motel, located 1.5 miles west of Alliance and operated by Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Sherban, was the only motel in Stark County serving breakfast to its guests as part of its service.
1954 – Alliance changed the source of its water supply from the Mahoning River to Deer Creek Reservoir.
1954 – George Weimer graduates from Mount Union College.
December 1, 1954 – Mabel Hartzell dies and bequeaths her home and its contents to the Alliance Historical Society.
1955 – The Christopher Columbus Lodge completed its new lodge building on South Liberty.
March 29, 1955 – Alliance Historical Society trustees accept the Mabel Hartzell House to be used as a museum.
September 11, 1955 – Dedication of the Mabel Hartzell Historical Home.
1956 – The Alliance Manufacturing Company was the largest manufacturer of small fractional horsepower shaded pole motors in the world, at seasonal peaks the biggest employer in Alliance, and in all seasons the biggest employer of women.
September 1957 – The Alliance Police Department consisted of the chief, three captains, a lieutenant, and 21 patrolmen, while the jail had 10 cells for men and 3 for women.
1957 – Alliance had three movie theaters with a combined seating capacity of 2,400.
1957 – The Alliance Kiwanis Club was the largest Kiwanis club in Stark County, with 134 members.
April 1, 1959 – Alliance officially designated the Carnation City.
June 27-July 2, 1960 – First Carnation City Festival.
January 1963 – Rodman Public Library completed. Cost: $660,000 ; Total volumes: 72,000.
1963 – Alliance Public Library named Rodman Public Library in honor of its generous benefactor C. J. Rodman.
1964 – Alliance Machine purchases Glamorgan and begins restoration of the facility.
1965 – North side of Main Street and Fiegenschuh’s fire.
May 5, 1970 – Don Pancho’s Tex-Mex Restaurant established.
1970 – Tolerton Lumber Company and the Armory fire.
September 5, 1972 – New Alliance High School opened.
July 18, 1973 – Glamorgan becomes the property of the Alliance City Schools District.
1974 – United Cooperative on Ely Street and structural shop of Morgan Engineering fires.
June 30, 1976 – Fairmount Children’s Home closes after 100 years.
1982 – Friendly’s Furniture fire, 400 block of Main Street.
1983 – John Christian purchases the Cassaday-Turkle Funeral Home.
1986 – Daniel Skivolocke purchases the Sharer-Stirling Funeral Home.
1987 – Alliance native Len Dawson is inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
1989 – McFadden Masonic Lodge was absorbed into Conrad Lodge.
1990 – Carnation Mall Branch of Rodman Public Library opens.
December 7, 1991 – Aviators’ Jet is installed at Alliance High School.
2001 – Haines House museum opens.
2001 – Morgan Engineering and former Alliance Steel fire.
January 23, 2005 – Rose Mary Woods dies in Alliance.
2007 – Rodman Public Library renovation is completed. Cost: $2.4 million ; Total volumes: 228,739.
2008 – Mount Union graduate Pierre Garcon is drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the 6th round (205th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft.
June 10, 2010 – Cat Fanciers’ Museum opens in the former Midland-Buckeye Bank building on the corner of Main Street and Arch Avenue.
May 2011 – The World War History and Art Museum (WWHAM) opens in the College Plaza.
2011 – Mount Union graduate Cecil Shorts is drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 4th round (114th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.
2012 – Alliance Wholesalers and PTC Alliance fire.